Sunday, September 4, 2011

World Fest 2011

I went to World Fest last night and I had a great time. There are boths all along main straight in the park that is right on the river (drive down 5th St. until you get to Main St. and you cannot miss it) ranging from different ethnic foods (there are still booths of carnival food), ethnic jewelry and clothing, and different beers. The most suprising thing for me were the bands that played on three different stages (the main one is on your left when you enter under the banner on 5th. St. and Main St. and there is one on your right entering under the banner and one straight ahead right on the river). I heard a lot of Cuban music and the last band of the night was a band from Chicago (Funkadasi) that was a mix of cultures, such as Indian, Jamaican, and some African influences and they played many other types of music (at one part even transitioning into "Sweet Home Alabama"). The food included different ethnic foods, such as Cuban, Jamaican, Greek, Italian, Mexican, and Ethiopian. One tip that I would give to you is go early because parking is hard to come by and walk around the whole festival until you chose what type of food you want because there are food boths on the right hand side and on the left hand side and I made the mistake of thinking that the food booths were in one location until I wandered over to the other side of the festival and discovered others after I had already eaten, of course. There are only a couple of beer booths that offer the same beers, which was kind of a disappointment, but the hoegaarden and the leffe were great beers and there is a Jameson Irish Whisky booth as well. All in all, I wish I could have spent all day there and tried everything, but now I have something to look forward to next year. Side Note: the World Fest is going on today, so go check it out and there are various booths that offer desserts, like gellato and Italian ice, to satisfy your sweet tooth if you are not into the main ethnic dishes.
City of Louisville, Kentucky, http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroParks/specialevents/WorldFest/ (2003-2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment