Saturday, September 3, 2011

Discovering Louisville

Being a law student, I have desperately sought ways in which to distract myself (aka stay sane) from the hours upon hours of studying and never intending to hear the word "intent" again. I have tried working out, Crash Bandicoot (which I highly recommend), and even reading something other than law material, but what I found best to distract me is going out and discovering Louisville, especially the local restaurants. I don't know if you know, but Louisville has so many unique and delicious restaurants anywhere from Nigerian food to Thai Food to Argentinian food. I also don't know if you know, but there is a best of Louisville award given to not only the best restaurants in their respective category, but also the best bookstore and various other categories. Now I know what your thinking, the other activities that are potentially distracting only take a minimal amount of time whereas going out to eat could take up to two hours of my precious time and my response to you is it will be alright. Two hours is a small price to pay for a full stomach and keeping sane, plus I am by no means telling you to give up those other things. Now, you might rebuttal with the cost of going out to eat argument and I will say that obviously do this distraction in moderation. This blog is merely a suggestion for places to go and things to do when you have time. I chose to pick a restaurant to go to once every other week because its something I look forward to and it seems like more and more that cannot be said in law school. I am also doing this blog in order to help those from out of town, like myself, find places to go with their significant other or family who may come into town. With that said, I am going to the New Albanian Brewing Co. tonight and to the World Fest tomorrow and I will update everyone on how these both are. Also, for those who do not know what they are going to do this weekend to get away from the outlining and studying, the World Fest is going on tonight, tommorrow, and Sunday (I do not know the exact time, but here is the link http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroParks/specialevents/WorldFest/), so come check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment